Updated: Aug 27, 2021
As the aging process starts to occur, we as females, start to experience a multitude of parts or areas that show signs of aging ~ wrinkles, hair loss, thinning hair, sagging skin. There are things we can do for each of these areas to help slow down the process. Luckily, many hairstyles have a way to help thin hair look thicker.
1. The most popular haircut for thin hair is a textured pixie cut. This shortcut is easy to manage and super trendy. The textured cut will help to make thin hair to look thicker by offering volume. This style is great for someone who wants to expose their face and neckline and is very versatile.
2. The long-angled bob or lob is a simple, classic, and popular hairstyle. This hairstyle is great for someone with thinning hair because it gives the appearance of more hair throughout the baseline. It also compliments a round or oval-shaped face.
3. The slightly angled bob offers light layers to give volume but still maintains a sleek and flawless style. The bob style is so versatile and easy to style many different looks.
4. If you are not a fan of short hair and want to maintain your longer hairstyle,
hairstyle for long thin hair is a shag cut. Using the razor cut technique to add choppy layers
will create fuller-looking hair. This style takes the classic shag cut with layers tapering down toward the back. This hairstyle is very versatile and any face shape can wear it.
5. For a woman over 40, having a mid-length shoulder cut is the perfect length. Adding a few hair extensions will add considerable volume to thinning hair to make it look thicker. Just ensure you are seeing a professional who specializes in fine hair to receive maximum thickness.
6. One of the best haircuts for women over 60 with thinning hair is a jaw-length stacked bob. This stacking bob will boost the hair volume and the appearance of fullness. This style offers a fun, low-maintenance hairstyle. It is tapered short in the back and longer to frame the face.
If you are dealing with thinning hair and want your hairstyle to appear thicker, stop into HAIRitage Salon and let one of our professionals give you personalized recommendations that will compliment your face and your lifestyle. We want to make you feel confident when you walk out of HAIRitage Salon.